Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Spare Change by Aubrey Mace


I read My Fairy Grandmother several months ago and loved the story. I was anxious to read Aubrey's other books.  I wasn't disappointed!  Here is the synopsis:

Twenty-three and single, Riley thinks resolutions should be fun, not hard. Just before midnight, she vows to make the easiest resolution ever: save her pennies and at the end of the year, buy something nice for herself. Easy! ...Or is it?
Working at a cancer treatment center can change one's perspective, and before long Riley decides to donate her extra money to cancer research rather than reward herself. At first her resolution is her own secret, but all too soon the nurses figure out her plan, and then things really begin to get out of hand!
As people through the hospital, and then the town, begin to get involved, Riley finds herself at the front of the fund-raising campaign. She also finds herself face-to-face with Paul, the grouchy but cute bank teller. But can she overcome the memory of a failed relationship - and can he do the same? And who is the secret admirer who keeps leaving pennies and notes for her to find?


Personally, I am not a resolution maker.  I am horrible at keeping them so I don't make them. So, I knew how Riley felt as her mother pressured her into make a resolution. I love her resolution and it gave me an idea for next year. Not that I'll end up keeping it, but we'll see.

I absolutely loved this book. She's awkward, she's feisty, and she is someone that any girl could relate to. You see her go through the flow of making it through work, dating, dealing with bank robbers (okay, maybe not all people deal with that), and life in general.

This is a must-read book.  You want so much for her secret admirer to be Paul the whole way through.  Is  he? Well, you'll have to read to find out!!

Here is Aubrey's website: http://aubreymace.com/

You can purchase her book on www.amazon.com
                                   

No comments:

Post a Comment