Wednesday, September 28, 2011

I'll Know You By Heart by Kimberly Job






I must admit when I picked up this book, it was purely for the cover. Its gorgeous and I was dying to read the book. I didn't read the back of the book at all so when I started reading I was shocked to find out that this book is about abuse. Here is the synopsis:

The day Stephanie Roberts met Jared Wakefield, she didn't realize they'd met before. Running from an abusive marriage and trying to safeguard her children, she turns to Jared for support, but he needs more from her than she might be capable of giving. With her abusive husband looming in her past, the difficulties they must overcome to be together seem insurmountable.

Is it possible for love to conquer all? I'll Know You By Heart is a timeless romance that explores the possibility that relationships span the entire realm of eternity. A story about abuse, hardship, and betrayal, it is ultimately a story about the healing power of everlasting true love. 


I will admit this was a tough read.  The writing was excellent and you just had to keep reading. But it tore at my heart from one page to the next.  To see the abuse Stephanie put up with, made you want to go after those that abuse others and to comfort those that are victims.  Stephanie was written very well.  She showed the perfect (and yet sad) example of a battered wife. No matter what she had gone through, she felt the need to honor her abusive husband. You could see her struggle to get out of that mind control.

Enter Jared.  The perfect husband and father that any girl could want. He has an adorable little girl that needs a mommy.  The spark between them from the first may sound crazy to some people but as I'm a huge believer in finding 'The One',  I loved seeing Jared and Stephanie first meet.  I was cheering for them from the beginning.

This is a tough subject but it was done so well.  I broke down as I finished the book, so thankful that I was given my husband who treats me so well.  I only wish that others could be so lucky!

You can purchase the book here:  http://www.amazon.com

Her website is:  http://www.kimberlyjob.com/

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the review! I'm glad you enjoyed the book. And I too am thankful to have found "the one." My husband is the best thing that ever happened to me!

    ReplyDelete